- General Browsing Information: Any time you visit the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, we gather certain non-personally identifiable information regarding the means you use to access the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website. This non-personally identifiable information includes the type and version of your browser, your service provider, your IP address, and any search engine you may have used to locate the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website. We use this information to help diagnose problems with our server, administer the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, and compile broad statistical data. In addition, Scotts Miracle-Gro gathers certain navigational information about where you go on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website. This information enables us to determine which areas of the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website are most frequently visited and helps us to tailor the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website to the needs and interests of our online visitors.
- Personal Information Voluntarily Provided: We gather personal information you provide to us (such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, demographic information, ) when you request information about a product or service, register on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, request email reminders or email newsletters, sign up for a service, enter one of our sweepstakes or contests, take a survey or use any of the other interactive portions or features of the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website. When personally identifiable information is requested on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, some requests are marked as "Required"; this personally identifiable information is necessary to allow you to participate in the feature or service you've requested.
- Information Provided by You Relating to a Job Opportunity: If you elect to voluntarily create a job interest profile through the Scotts Miracle-Gro Websites to show interest in a job opportunity with Scotts Miracle-Gro, you will be providing your name, mailing address, telephone number, e-mail address and information with respect to work experience, educational background, position sought and at your option, the information contained in your résumé.
How Your Information Is Used
We use the information collected at the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website for the following purposes:
- To understand your needs and preferences, to develop, market, sell or provide products and services, and possibly to conduct surveys, research and evaluations.
- To complete your request for services or respond to your use of features on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website.
- To tailor your experience on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website to your interests and geographic region.
- To respond to your inquires about our products and services.
- To inform you of special events and offers or programs offered with our selected companies.
- To manage and develop Scotts Miracle-Gro's business and operations, administer accounts, collect and process payments.
- To detect and protect Scotts Miracle-Gro and other third parties against error, negligence, fraud, theft and other illegal activities and to audit compliance with policies.
- As permitted by, and to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements.
- Any information you provide to us about your interest in a job opportunity at Scotts Miracle-Gro will be accessed by Scotts Miracle-Gro's personnel for the purpose of considering, and possibly responding to, your interest in Scotts Miracle-Gro and for planning and monitoring our recruitment campaigns.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We collect and maintain the personal information of our consumers for the use of Scotts Miracle-Gro and its affiliated companies, such as Scotts Lawn Service and Smith & Hawken. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties, and do not share or trade your personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described below.
- Selected Companies: Scotts Miracle-Gro may work with select retailers and other companies at various times to provide expanded services that relate to Scotts Miracle-Gro Website or its visitors. As part of such a relationship, Scotts Miracle-Gro may share with these companies or these companies may interact with your browser, collect or have access to some or all of the information collected in connection with certain interactive functions offered on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website (such as, the E-Mail Reminder Service) or on other web sites where Scotts Miracle-Gro provides advertisements and interactive functions.
- Service Providers: Scotts Miracle-Gro may use other companies and individuals to perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include administering e-mail services, monitoring website activity and running special promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests or surveys. Such parties only have access to the personal information needed to perform these functions and may not use or store the information for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers: In the event that Scotts Miracle-Gro sells or transfers a particular portion of its business assets, consumer information may be one of the business assets transferred as part of the transaction. If substantially all of the assets of Scotts Miracle-Gro or a Scotts Miracle-Gro affiliated company or brand are acquired, consumer information may be transferred as part of the acquisition.
- Compliance with Law/Safety: Scotts Miracle-Gro may disclose specific personal information based on a good-faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or that such disclosure is necessary to protect the users of the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, the Website itself, or the public.
Managing Email Communications
You may always discontinue your receipt of future email newsletters and/or other email communications you previously requested from Scotts Miracle-Gro by logging on to your registered account and changing the preferences for the applicable newsletter and/or email communication.
Policies on Children
To ensure compliance with federal law, Scotts Miracle-Gro does not knowingly collect or maintain information provided by children under the age of 13.
Accessing Scotts Miracle-Gro Website from Outside of the United States
If you are visiting the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website from a location outside of the United States, your connection will be through and to servers located in the United States. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and/or other internal systems located within the United States.
To access registration information that you create on the Scotts Miracle-Gro Website, you will need to use a password that you create. To protect the integrity of the information contained in this record, you should not disclose or otherwise reveal your password to third parties. If you forget your password, click on "forgot password" in the login screen and we'll send you an e-mail with a link to a unique URL, where you may change your password.
Correcting and Updating Information
Your can update or modify your registration information if you elect to register with a Scotts Miracle-Gro website by logging into your registration information and following the instructions provided to update or modify such information.
Notification of Changes
Scotts Miracle-Gro limits the number of employees that have access to the databases that contain personal information of our customers, and our employees are advised of the importance of confidentiality. While we implement these security measures, you should be aware that 100% security is not always possible.
Contacting the Website
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company
14111 Scottslawn Road
Marysville, Ohio 43041
Effective Date: March 20, 2008